Thursday, July 25, 2013

Just Shoe Me - SCLB Friday Link-Up


 I HAVE A SHOE PROBLEM.

At least, that's what my friends and family say.  They laugh at me because I build my wardrobe around my shoes.  That's normal, right?  Just for the record, I do not have a shoe problem.

I just enjoy looking at shoes, trying them on, and bringing home that special pair (or two, or three, or four...)   I walk into Nordstrom's, Macy's, TJ Maxx and go straight to the shoe section.  My husband is annoyed with my shoe collection.  He once compared me to Imelda Marcos (she had more than 3,000 pairs in her collection!)

Granted, I have a lot of shoes. But, I am picky about what I buy and keep.

My shoe closet consists of several flip flops.  My favorite pair is the Crocs flip flops I picked up at a local liquidator store.  They are so comfortable, it feels like my feet are getting a massage every time I walk in them.  I want another pair in a different color.  Only problem is, I threw the tag away. So I don't know what these flip flops are called.  Anyone?





I have a TON of flats and pumps.  I have my favorite brands and styles.  Yes, those are Salvatorre Ferragamo and Michael Kors.  The MK flats are new and were given to me by my sister.  The Ferragamo pumps I've had for years.  They are in great shape and I'm glad I invested in them because they do last.  Don't you just love the accents on the shoes?



What girl doesn't have sandals in her shoe collection? Being a Cali girl, I can't begin to tell you how many I have in mine.  Again, I look for the little accent or feature that makes the sandals stand out.  The jellies are the newest addition to my shoe closet.  Yes, they are jellies but they are Coach jellies with the cutest flower accents. And yes, you read the tag right - $39.99 at TJ Maxx! The Tory Burch sandals...hmm...they're Tory Burch!!!  I fell in love with these BCBG sandals as soon as I saw the heel.  LOOK!!! How can you not?? Gorgeous!!!






 And since I'm on the short side, I need heels.  Again, it's the interesting accents and heel type that attract me to the heels.  Heel height is another matter.  I can't walk in anything higher than 3 inches or in stilettos.



My kids keep me busy playing tennis with them.  So I have to have comfy shoes.  I've tried a few but these Babolats are my absolute favorite.  There is nothing wrong with the white ones, but when I saw the black and pink Babolat, I had to have it.  It turns out, Babolats are also my kids' favorite brand of tennis shoes - something about the treads that allow for side to side movements in tennis, not just front to back.   Who knew?!?


Okay, in retrospect, and after going through my shoe closet (yes, a closet just for my shoes!) I am ready to admit I think I do have a shoe problem.  But it could be worse.  At least I don't have a thing for purses.  Oh wait...I do... Oh well!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment