Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Many Uses of Ivory




I have always been a fan of Ivory.  I grew up using the soap.  Now, it's the only soap my 3 kids and husband will use.  We've tried other, but we always go back to Ivory.  I love Ivory soap because it is 99.44% pure.  Ivory soap is free of dyes and perfumes and yet cleans effectively without putting a dent in my budget.  Ivory is one of the least expensive bars and body washes per ounce! How's that for budget friendly?

This little bar of soap is so versatile.  We use it as a body cleanser and a facial cleanser.  With my sensitive skin, Ivory is the only soap I can use on my face without breaking out or drying out.  I have used it as a clothes stain remover.  WHAT? A Stain Remover?  YES! Rub the bar of Ivory soap directly on the grass stain, food stain, ring around the collar, etc.  Those stains come out.  In a pinch, I have used Ivory as a laundry soap. I take a kitchen peeler to the bar of soap and put the flakes in the washing machine.  The clothes come out smelling and looking great!  

If you're a science geek like I am, Ivory soap can be used to demonstrate closed-cell foam formation, physical change and Charles' law.  Simply unwrap a bar of Ivory soap and microwave it.  Watch as the soap expands into a foam that is more than six times the size of the original bar.  It is a fun trick that won't hurt your microwave or the soap.  Amazing, right?

Did you know Ivory soap has been used in arts and crafts projects? I remember being given a bar of Ivory soap in art class to carve.  I remember sculpting a heart out of the bar of Ivory soap and giving it to my mom for Mother's Day.  


Check out more info on Ivory here.



I recently received a complimentary bar of Ivory Soap for testing purposes from Influenster and Ivory as a participant in the Mom VoxBox campaign.



No comments:

Post a Comment