FOOD NETWORK & SHARE OUR STRENGTH PREVIEWS
"HUNGER HITS HOME"
Photo: Alex J. Berliner/ABImages
Tastemakers and celebrities came out in full force to preview HUNGER HITS HOME, a documentary produced by Food Network. This documentary, or "docu-feel" as Gina Neely called it, is narrated by Oscar-winning actor and longtime anti-hunger activist Jeff Bridges, focuses on the hidden crisis of childhood hunger in America. The film is part of an ongoing partnership between Food Network and Share Our Strength, whose NO KID HUNGRY campaign aims to eliminate child hunger in America by 2015 by giving children and their families access to nutritious food where they live, learn, and play.
Did you know that more than 16 million kids in America, one of the wealthiest countries in the world, live in households that struggle to put food on the table? THAT'S 1 OUT OF 5 KIDS!
That numbers are staggering! Food Network and Share Our Strength have teamed up to raise awareness to this crisis through the NO KID HUNGRY campaign. I was invited to attend the special red carpet event and screening of HUNGER HITS HOME where I chatted with a few celebrities who came out to help raise awareness to the crisis of child hunger in America. This is what they had to say about raising public awareness of this crisis and getting involved.
- Pat and Gina Neely - hosts of Down Home with the Neelys
- Melissa D'Arabian - host of $10 Dinners, winnerof Next Food Network Star
- Aarti Sequeira - host of Aarti's Party, winner Next Food Network Star
- Marva Soogrim - Expert Nanny Correspondent for The Today Show
- Kevin Eubanks - from The Tonight Show
You heard them: Change begins with each of us. We all need to get involved with No Kid Hungry campaign:
1. SEE IT. Gather your friends and families to watch HUNGER HITS HOME on April 14 on Food Network at 8pm/7pm C.
2. SHARE IT. Tell your friends about the documentary and invite them to view a trailer at Foodnetwork.com/hungry.
3. SUPPORT IT. Add your name to the petition and help encourage your elected officials to support the essential child nutrition programs.
Donate. $1 can connect a child in need with up to 10 meals Please make a donation to the NO KIDS HUNGRY campaign.
To make a donation and add your name to the petition, please visit Foodnetwork.com/hungry.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Please watch this very important documentary on April 14 on Food Network at 8pm/7pm C.
**I was not compensated for this post. I was invited to cover the event and screening of the documentary.