Monday, September 21, 2009

"Thank you. It's a Sophie4Sophie!"


Those who are familiar with me know that I do not always go with the flow. I look for clothes and gear that are not common and not readily available everywhere.


While on Twitter, I befriended a Brighton based children’s clothing designer named Natalie. All of her dresses are made to order and customized to your liking. A Sophie4Sophie dress is unusual in that it is a truly reversible dress.


After weeks of admiring her original criss-cross dress, I decided to purchase one for my daughter. My daughter wears a size 100 cm, so translated into Sophie4Sophie unique sizing, her dress would me a 4-7. I was able to choose two fabric styles/patterns from her stock, as well as the binding. So, I sent her my daughter’s size and my choices of fabric and waited....


Not too long after I placed my order, I received the package from England! My daughter and I tore open the package. The first words out of my daughter's mouth were, "WOW!!!! Beautiful dress!"




Mind you, my daughter is very picky when it comes to dresses. She knows what she likes and won't wear the clothes if she doesn't like them. She could not wait to put the dress on! And I couldn't wait to see the dress on her.


The fabrics felt amazing. The colors popped off the dress! The dress is simply beautiful!! I know my daughter will get a lot of wear out of it. It's like having two dresses. And when she gets older, the dress can be worn as a top paired with jeans, leggings, tights, shorts, short sleeve shirts, turtlenecks. The combinations are endless.


My son had a birthday party this past weekend. My daughter, stubborn as she is, insisted on wearing her brand new dress. Except she kept everyone waiting because she could not decide which side to wear! While at the party, she and the dress received so many compliments. Everyone said the dress was beautiful. They asked who made the dress and where I bought it. My daughter said, "Thank you. It's a Sophie4Sophie!" Great coaching on my part, I must say. I was so impressed by the workmanship and the originality of this design, I just had to tell everyone about the amazing Natalie and her beautiful reversible dresses. My daughter had a smile that lit up her face! I wonder if she knew she is the ONLY little girl in the USA with a custom-made Sophie4Sophie Reversible Dress?


If you would like to purchase an original, one-of-a-kind Sophie4Sophie dress, visit http://www.sophie4sophie.com. Take a look at Natalie's gallery. Contact her and she will help you pick out the fabrics and bindings.


I guarantee you will fall in love with the dress. We did!


Thanks Natalie for doing a fabulous job on my daughter's dress. You will be receiving another order from us very soon! By the way, congratulations! I heard Mel C of the Spice Girls ordered a couple of your dresses!!!

5 comments:

  1. OMosh! She looks adorable in the dress!! Thank you SO SO SO MUCH for such a wonderful blog post on Sophie4Sophie!!
    I love how you've coached her to say, "thank you, its a Sophie4Sophie" thats brilliant!! hehehe! :-)
    i'm so glad you all loved the dress :-)
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks fab, as does the dress. I have three Sophie4Sophie dresses in my soon to be born babies wardrobe. I have the little baby ones. Just too cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress! I love that it is reversible and can be worn as a top later on! So cute!!!!

    I am your newest follower! I found your blog at MBC. Feel free to stop by mine sometime http://raisingmy4sons.com New contests coming soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress, great investment! following :)

    ReplyDelete